Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Poor Rem

Visiting Rem - October 17, 2010

Rem is a beautiful Boxer currently living at Pets Alive Animal Sanctuary.

Some people say Boxers aren't considered to be part of the whole mix of dogs that make up "Bully Breeds". Some say they fit right in. To those who say they aren't... It's MY blog! So, NEENER NEENER!! :-P

Besides, Rem deserves attention anyways.

Rem's elderly human became too ill to take care of him, so he was surrendered to the shelter life. In general, boxers don't do well in shelters. From my experience, boxers don't seem to do too well with big changes in general - Hey, neither do I!

I have to admit, most of my interaction with Rem has been through the fence. I ALWAYS give him treats and he ALWAYS takes them WONDERFULLY! But I always feel so sorry for him. He just about always just looks so sad. Sure, some of it's just his "Boxer Face", but Boxers are companion dogs. They need that extra bit of love and attention. I HAVE recently gone IN with Rem TWICE over the past couple of times I have been up to Pets Alive though! So that's progress on my part! He was SO happy both times! It really is a beautiful site, seeing someone like Rem so happy.

There are a few people I know who walk Rem every time they visit. I am very grateful to those people for spending that time with him. I hope to get the confidence to be one of them soon.

I really, truly, love this dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment