Saturday, November 6, 2010

Bobey-Boy!!

A happy Bobey! - October 2010

Bobey is one of my personal FAVORITES at Pets Alive!

Besides the incredible life he has overcome, Bobey is just such a happy, happy dog! He is ALWAYS excited to see people (I'm told he is especially excited to see me). He does WONDERFULLY on walks, and he LOVES toys!

Bobey has to be one of the happiest dogs I have met.

Besides his BEAUTIFUL brindle color, I think his full body wiggle and joy of life might remind me a bit of a dog I had by the name of Shere Khan. Both seem to take on the approach of "Here I am! Here you are! This is the best time of our lives! Let's enjoy it together!"

There is nothing like a brindle so excited to see you that he does the full body wiggle when you come near!

Bobey actually became the best, and possibly only, friend of an autistic child. Tragically, for both Bobey AND the kid, there was a divorce and the mom said that she couldn't take care of both her son and Bobey. So now Bobey is back at Pets Alive. What a shame for both Bobey, and the kid. Doors were opening and bonds were being forged.

But life has its twists and turns. Before arriving at Pets Alive, Bobey was found chained to a tree as "punishment" for not performing as a fighter. In the first place, dog fighting is ridiculous, but WOW whoever these people were just did NOT know what they were doing if they thought that BOBEY could POSSIBLY be a FIGHTER! When I come up to Bobey, and as he rears up in his Gorilla-wiggle stance (this dog needs a tutu), I can actually SEE little hearts popping around his face as he looks at me! This dog has nothing but love, friendship and companionship to offer.

Someday Bobey will find his furever home. I hope he finds one with a child in it that he can bond with and become best friends with like he so recently did and was tragically torn away from. I hope that somebody comes to Pets Alive, takes a look at Bobey and says "Wow, this dog has nothing but love, friendship and companionship to offer. How about, in return, we offer him our home."

1 comment: